You are currently browsing the category archive for the ‘.NET’ category.
I stumbled upon another issue. I am sure there is a good reason they decided to not allow this, but I found it quite frustrating to learn it the hard way. Server Control tags, like for a button, or TextBox or any other server control, can not contain .net code <% … %>. For example:
<asp:Button ID=”btnRefreshLayout” runat=”server” Text=”Refresh Layout” OnClientClick=”AdjustFrameDim(<%= _layout%>);” OnClick=”btnRefreshLayout_Click” />
The result is…
<input type=”submit” name=”btnRefreshLayout” value=”Refresh Layout” onclick=”AdjustFrameDim(<%= _layout%>);” id=”BI_TabControl1_ucLayout_btnRefreshLayout” />
It doesn’t seem to matter where in the server control code you put the <% … %>, it doesn’t work.
BUT, I have good news… If you need to dynamically add something to the properties of the server control, you could instead use the AddAttribute method of the server control and get the needed results that way.
btnRefreshLayout.Attributes.Add(“OnClick”, “AdjustFrameDim(“ + _layout + “);”);
I am not sure I gave this post an appropriate title, but it works for now.
ASP.Net gives a developer the opportunity to programmatically add controls to a web form using ParentControl.Controls.Add(new Control()); However, these controls are not persisted in any way thus having to be recreated for each subsequent request.
What I found:
On the page I have a PlaceHolder. Depending on the dynamic data at the time of processing, one of 10 “layout” UserControls need to be added to the PlaceHoder. And inside each of those “layouts” will be 2 to 4 “content” UserControls with dynamic data based on the data and properties set by the “layout” UserControl. While stepping Read the rest of this entry »
After adding this code, any click on the page that used an Atlas Update Panel, caused the discreet Unknown Error dialog box. After many attempts to discove what the problem may be, I moved the entire function to script tags with-in the BODY of the page. All worked fine, with no Atlas “Unknown Error”.
I found another issue using Atlas the other day. I was using Atlas UpdatePanel around a TreeView and had some java-script functions on the page elsewhere. All was going fine Tuesday evening, then Wednesday morning, I started getting a what appeared to be a java-script error message.
When debugging, I was able to confirm that Atlas was working, I could step through my server code and populate the tree, but when execution was back at the browser, I would get this error pop-up “Unknown Error”.
Also, see my post in this thread:
In the past few days I have learned that with Atlas, it makes a difference if you put your CSS style information in a class in an external CSS document or code it inline in the HTML element.
I had been using an Atlas UpdatePanel wrapper around a TreeView server control all inside a DIV tag. The DIV tag was using a CSS class to set the width, height and overflow styles. Durring testing, I noticed that when the tree expanded and the scroll bars apeared, every click of a node in the tree made scrolled the content back to the top of the tree. I had done a similar Atlas/TreeView in another page and it worked just fine. After some further debugging and code comparison line by line, the difference was that in my working example the CSS information was “in-line” with the DIV tag, but my recent code put the CSS style in an external class. So I moved the style from the class to “in-line” and it began to work just fine.
I am not sure if this is another IE bug, CSS bug or an Atlas bug. Either way, quite interesting and thought I would share it.
Also see my post in this thread:
It appears that the CSS can be inline or in external CSS file, it makes no difference, but the real issue was if the class with overflow=auto is inside or outside the Atlas UpdatePannel. IF you have a DIV with a CSS style setting overflow=auto inside the UpdatePannel, every click within that div will set the scroll to the top. IF you have put that DIV right outside the UpdatePannel, then it should work fine.This also goes for any parent/nested UpdatePanels. So, if the UpdatePannel I just refrenced in the last paragraph were nested inside another UpdatePanel, or I at a later date put that UpdatePannel inside another UpdatePanel, it would “break” the proper scrolling function.
So to produce the popup dialog on the right, and have the red X and the [Close] button work in an UpdatePannel, instead of wrapping everything inside another UpdatePannel, I would have to have one UpdatePannel for the red X close button and one UpdatePannel for the [Close] button at the bottom. See code image below.